10 Items You Need After Giving Birth
Congratulations, you have just given birth to a beautiful baby, the hardest part is over and it is time to recover. Whether you are just starting your journey as a new mom, or you are continuing kicking ass as the best mommy ever, there are a few things you are going to need. These items are essential in getting you through the next few weeks. I know when I first gave birth, I was not prepared when I got home from the hospital. My lady parts and I were not in a good place to say the least. Giving birth naturally or having a C-section, know matter how your birth goes, it is not going to be easy breezy, and if it is, well you are an anomaly. I was fortunate enough to be able to have my baby naturally, with some complications along the way. The aftermath of that birth was a lot more than I expected, and I am here to help all you moms prepare for what is to come after you give birth.
You And Your Lady Parts Need Just As Much TLC As Your New Baby
Most women prepare so much for the baby, that they forget all about themselves. The truth is we need just as much after care, as your new bundle of joy does. You and your lady parts are going to need major TLC over the next few weeks. I have put together a list of the most important items you will need once your little one arrives.
10 Must Have Postpartum Products:
Every single one of these items you can not live without when you get home from the hospital. Giving birth is no joke, and your lady parts are going to be very sensitive to say the least. Here is a break down on the items.
1.Maxi Pads, you are going to be bleeding a lot for the next couple of weeks, and I mean a lot. Make sure you get the thickest ones they have. I didn’t have these when I got home from the hospital and I had to send my husband to go get some, lets just say he brought home like 3 of the wrong kind. Don’t make the same mistake, it’s not worth the frustration. That is why I wrote this post to prepare you for the aftermath.
2.Tucks pads, these are godsend! I put a few on the pad and they instantly cool down your lady parts and feel amazing!
3. Postpartum lady part ice packs, these are also a must, they make everything cool, and numb down there, which is exactly what you want after pushing a baby out of there.
4. Dermoplast Spray, they may give this to you at the hospital, but in case they don’t this is also something you want on hand when you get home. This really does numb everything down there, and with the cooling effect of all the other items I just talked about it will feel like heaven!
5. Postpartum Squirt Bottle this is something you need to take with you every time you have to pee, you will want to fill it with luke warm water and squirt while you are going to the bathroom, trust me this is no joke, otherwise it will burn like a MOTHER!
6. Sitz Bath, which is what you will help use to keep your lady parts clean and it also feels amazing. If you are anything like me and got ripped and stitched down there, then this is something you need to use everyday. It helps keep clean and keep any infection from happening.
7. Disposable Postpartum Underwear, like I said before, you are going to bleed, a lot for the next couple of weeks, and who wants to keep washing underwear that is covered in blood? That is why these are perfect, they are also big enough to help hold in the maxi pad, and icepacks you will be religiously wearing for the next few weeks.
8. Nursing Pads, along with your lady parts down there, your lady parts above with also need some love, breastfeeding or not your boobs are going to be leaking. These pads stick to any bra and are disposable, easy to use and easy to clean up, no laundry required. Besides who has time to do laundry with a brand new baby at home?!
9. Nipple Cream, with all the sucking that is going to be happening to your boobs, they are going to start cracking. Make sure you use this cream every day, it is safe for the baby as well.
10. Handsfree Breast Pump Bra, last but not least every mom needs this! If you don’t know, breastfeeding and pumping can take a very long time, and who wants to sit there for hours holding two pumps attached to there nipples?! This bra will save you so much time, it is literally handsfree, I remember pumping milk while emptying the dishwasher, it is seriously amazing!